[comp.fonts] Apple challenges MS-Windows, et.al.

In article <185@tron.UUCP> carson@tron.UUCP (Dana Carson) writes:
>In article <1158@csun.UUCP>, sef@csun.UUCP (Sean Fagan) writes:
>> Actually, it's closer to copyrighting fonts, which, surprise surprise
>> surprise, the laws of at least the U.S. allow (e.g., New York Times has a
>> copyright on the Times Roman font, etc.).  All Apple should to be claiming

Gak. Can you say wrong ?

Times-Roman (tm) is a registered trademark owned by mumblemumble (some
english type foundy). It was created for the London Times in the mid
20th century.

A font DESIGN cannot be copyrighted.

A font NAME can be trademarked.

This applies to America. It definitly does not apply to Behrner convention
countries.

Anybody know which are Behrner convention countries ?

--
                    Remember me. Poke my boatman.
   richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                  rutgers!marque!gryphon!richard