[comp.fonts] Hershey Fonts on System V

wnp@chinet.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (04/05/88)

Has anybody successfully compiled and gotten to work the Hershey Font
utilities as posted tocomp.sources.unix during the past year?

These programs seem to be written for BSD, and I lack the experience to
convert them over.

Thanks!

Wolf Paul
wnp@chinet
convex!mcomp!dcs!wnp
killer!dcs!wnp (soon! I hope)

bill@sigma.UUCP (William Swan) (04/07/88)

In article <4575@chinet.UUCP> wnp@chinet.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) writes:
>Has anybody successfully compiled and gotten to work the Hershey Font
>utilities as posted tocomp.sources.unix during the past year?
>These programs seem to be written for BSD, and I lack the experience to
>convert them over.
>Thanks!
>Wolf Paul
>wnp@chinet
>convex!mcomp!dcs!wnp
>killer!dcs!wnp (soon! I hope)

If they are the ones I was playing with, well, they didn't compile on bsd4.2.

There was, as I recall, a necessary system utility missing, and I wasn't able
to construct a replacement within (what I determined to be) a reasonable amount
of time - so I deleted them.

Sorry.

Hope somebody else had better luck..

--
William Swan  {ihnp4,decvax,allegra,...}!uw-beaver!tikal!sigma!bill

lee@uhccux.UUCP (Greg Lee) (04/09/88)

From article <1602@sigma.UUCP>, by bill@sigma.UUCP (William Swan):
" In article <4575@chinet.UUCP> wnp@chinet.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) writes:
" >Has anybody successfully compiled and gotten to work the Hershey Font
" >utilities as posted tocomp.sources.unix during the past year?
" >These programs seem to be written for BSD, and I lack the experience to
" ...
" If they are the ones I was playing with, well, they didn't compile on bsd4.2.
"
" There was, as I recall, a necessary system utility missing, and I wasn't able
" ...

hershtools are you talking about?  That was my posting.  I'm sorry about
the sysV problem -- my ignorance.  But I compiled the things on both
and Ultrix 1.2 system and on Sun 3.2, so I don't see why there should be
a problem on bsd4.2.  If someone mails me particulars, I'll try to fix it.

	Greg Lee
U.S.mail: 562 Moore Hall, Dept. of Linguistics, Univ. of Hawaii, HONO, HI 96822
INTERNET: lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
UUCP:     {ihnp4,dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!lee
BITNET:   lee@uhccux