[comp.fonts] LUCIDA for TeX ?

dow@wjh12.harvard.edu (Dominik Wujastyk) (04/21/88)

I am trying to find out whether the Lucida typeface by Bigelow & Holmes is
available for use with TeX.  I assume it must be, because they use TeX
under VMS in the Bigelow & Holmes studio.  But is Lucida for TeX available
commercially, or on any general distribution.  I know it is now in the
PostScript font catalogue, but a full TeX version would have all the extra
math and extensible characters, and the corresponding ligtable commands in
the TFM.

I have phoned Bigelow's office at Stanford endlessly, and his studio, but
can never make contact with anyone except secretaries and tape recorders.
And even email to Bigelow has not elicited a response (yet).  So, does
anyone else have information?  And does the Bigelow & Holmes establishment
do other fonts that can be used with TeX?

Dominik Wujastyk

--
bitnet:	 user DOW on the bitnet node HARVUNXW
arpanet: dow@wjh12.harvard.edu

jaap@cwi.nl (Jaap Akkerhuis) (04/21/88)

In article <201@wjh12.harvard.edu> dow@wjh12.UUCP (Dominik Wujastyk) writes:
 > I am trying to find out whether the Lucida typeface by Bigelow & Holmes is
 > available for use with TeX.

The last time I heard from him he was working on a postscript
version of the Lucida typeface especially to be used with TeX.
Apparently they are available, since Agfa ships them with their
P400 PostScript printers. At least, the last time I looked they
shipped a subset. Contac Adobe for details.

 > I have phoned Bigelow's office at Stanford endlessly, and his studio, but
 > can never make contact with anyone except secretaries and tape recorders.
 > And even email to Bigelow has not elicited a response (yet).  So, does

As far as I know he is now in Nice (France) on the EPII conference.

	jaap