[comp.fonts] me

In article <118@hrsw2.UUCP> bakken@hrsw2.UUCP (David E. Bakken) writes:
>nobody to impress and definitely a real person there.  Indeed, I
>corresponded with gryphon's sysadmin ,Greg Laskin.  He (very wisely) has
>a long-standing offer to send Richard to USENIX on the company if Richard
>will wear a badge with "richard@gryphon.cts.com" on it.  So far
>Richard has not taken him up on it.

This is incorrect. While ``The Company'', represented by Greg, has mentioned
this, when I pressed the issue (I'd like to go) it was revealed to be a joke
to humor somebody. I love conventions. Hell,
I'll even wear, in flashing pink neon:

	YES THIS IS  R I C H A R D  J.  S E X T O N
              who posts from GRYPHON.CTS.COM

around my head, if you like.

We know about the books, David.

--
      If you were to flatten out Wales, it would be bigger than England.
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard

I would like to apologize to the readers of these groups for the
garbage being posted here recently by people who have obviously
never heard of alt.flame, or if they have, they don't know how
to use it.

--
      If you were to flatten out Wales, it would be bigger than England.
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard

gf@dasys1.UUCP (G Fitch) (07/15/88)

In article <4828@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes.[Yawn]

The subject line is not correct.  The article is not about me at all.

Me, either!

Down!  Down, damn you!  Otto!  Bring the hose, quickly!

--
G Fitch                                        ...!uunet\
The Big Electric Cat     { harvard,philabs }!cmcl2!cucard!dasys1!gf

mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Mike DeCorte) (07/15/88)

Perhaps we should rename comp.fonts to comp.f***

Incredible how just a few immature, irresponsible fools can
ruin a newsgroup.

--

Michael DeCorte // (315)268-2292 // P.O. Box 652, Potsdam, NY 13676
Internet mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  // Bitnet   mrd@clutx.bitnet

naughton%wind@Sun.COM (Patrick Naughton) (07/16/88)

"font  (noun)   A complete set of printing type of one size and face.
				[< OFr. {/it fondre}, to melt.]"

    -The American Heritage Dictionary, 1983, Houghton Mifflin Company.

Just in case the F*ckers were confused...

    Patrick J. Naughton				    ARPA: naughton@Sun.COM
    Window Systems Group			    UUCP: ...!sun!naughton
    Sun Microsystems, Inc.			    AT&T: (415) 336 - 1080