[comp.fonts] P/D fonts

mdm@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) (10/03/88)

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get ahold of some good
Public Domain Fonts.  Also, is there a newsgroup where people send
BINHEXed P/D fonts?

Michael McDaniel

| Michael McDaniel                              Dartmouth Class of 1991  |
| Usenet (UUCP):       ...!{harvard,linus,inhp4}!dartvax!u2!mdm          |
| Internet/BITNET:          mdm@u2.dartmouth.edu                         |
| Spock:  I was attempting the hell to communicate.                      |

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (10/03/88)

In article <10251@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> mdm@dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) writes:
>Hello.  I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get ahold of some good
>Public Domain Fonts.  Also, is there a newsgroup where people send
>BINHEXed P/D fonts?

P/D fonts for WHAT SYSTEM, WHAT PRINTER? Since every system and printer needs
different format fonts, the question as posed above is pointless. And what is
"BINHEXed"?

Please keep in mind, folks, that on USENET, not everybody uses YOUR system and
YOUR favorite utilities.

UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   dcs!wnp@killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (10/04/88)

In article <10251@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> mdm@dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) writes:
>Hello.  I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get ahold of some good
>Public Domain Fonts.  ...

Can anybody answer these question for PostScript fonts? Any reference is
welcome! I'll summarize if I receive enough responses.

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######

mdm@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) (10/05/88)

In article <211@dcs.UUCP> wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) writes:
>In article <10251@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> mdm@dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) writes:
>>Hello.  I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get ahold of some good
>>Public Domain Fonts.  Also, is there a newsgroup where people send
>>BINHEXed P/D fonts?
>
>P/D fonts for WHAT SYSTEM, WHAT PRINTER? Since every system and printer needs
>different format fonts, the question as posed above is pointless.>--
>
>Wolf N. Paul * 3387 Sam Rayburn Run * Carrollton TX 75007 * (214) 306-9101
>UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
>DOMAIN:   dcs!wnp@killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD

My apologies.  I'm so used to posting to MacIntosh groups.  I am looking
for a source for P/D fonts for the MacIntosh SE.

Michael

| Michael McDaniel                              Dartmouth Class of 1991  |
| Usenet (UUCP):       ...!{harvard,linus,inhp4}!dartvax!mdm             |
| Internet/BITNET:          mdm@dartmouth.edu                            |
| Spock:  I was attempting the hell to communicate.                      |

aho@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Alex Ho) (10/08/88)

public domain fonts are available from the berkeley macintosh
user's group (bmug). their address is:

bmug, inc.
1442A walnut st., #62
berkeley, california 94709

you don't have to be a member to purchase disks in person, but
i'm not sure about mail order. write and ask. bmug maintains
a large collection of p/d, shareware, and freeware stuff.
they have, at last count, thirteen disks worth of fonts,
both bitmap and postscript.
for example, font disk one contains 60+ fonts. font disk two,
70+. one's best bet is to probably write and ask for more info.

btw, my affiliation with bmug is that of a happy member. bmug
is a non-profit educational corporation.

alex

Alex Ho
University of California, Berkeley       aho@cory.berkeley.edu
                                         ...ucbvax!cory!aho

bodarky@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Mr. Scott Bodarky ) (10/10/88)

I am interested in fonts for TeX.  If anyone has info, please use email (if
you can), and I will summarize the results.

Thanx.