[comp.fonts] Old English Characters

lines@unc.cs.unc.edu (David Lines) (10/19/88)

In a past posting, someone said that Helvetica has the special characters
that represent the Old English thorn, etc. Unfortunately, I don't find
any of these under the Key Caps option for Helvetica on my Mac II. Am I
looking in the wrong place?

I also run into the difficulty of representing long vowels and haven't found
a solution to that problem. Any suggestions?

halldors@paul.rutgers.edu (Magnus M Halldorsson) (10/20/88)

In article <4736@thorin.cs.unc.edu> lines@unc.cs.unc.edu (David Lines) writes:

> In a past posting, someone said that Helvetica has the special characters
> that represent the Old English thorn, etc. Unfortunately, I don't find

You won't find them on the standard system. Your best bet is to obtain
the Icelandic system software from APDA. It should have all the
characters you need.

Magnus