[comp.fonts] Greek font for mac

ajm@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Farmer) (10/20/88)

    I am looking for a good Greek font for the MacIntosh computer.  I want
to write in greek, not just do mathematical equations!  Any pointers or
helpful hints would be greatly appreciated....

--

dan farmer
(ajm@mace.cc.purdue.edu)

tbrakitz@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Triantaphyllos Byron Rakitzis) (10/25/88)

In article <887@mace.cc.purdue.edu> ajm@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Farmer) writes:

>    I am looking for a good Greek font for the MacIntosh computer.  I want
>to write in greek, not just do mathematical equations!  Any pointers or
>helpful hints would be greatly appreciated....
>
>dan farmer
>(ajm@mace.cc.purdue.edu)

I do this regularly on the mac using the regular "Symbol" font. All the
characters are there, including the terminating sigma and the cursive
forms of  phi and theta. There is one big problem, though. I have not
been able to add accents to the text. For better or for worse, I ignore
this problem and then either add the accents by hand or just ignore it.

(I use this to write to my parents back home. I imagine if you want to
use it to cite examples in ancient greek then you're in trouble.)

I hope this was of some help.

Byron Rakitzis.

cape@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Robert Cape) (10/27/88)

Try the folks at:   Linguists' Software
                    925 Hindley Lane
                    Edmonds, WA  98020
                    (206)-755-1130

They have what you want.

NB: I have no connection with Linguists' Software other than having a
background in linguistics and wishing I had a Mac to use their fonts.

Regards,
  Bob

r.cape@stpaul.ncr.com   {backbone}!ncrsd!ncrlnk!ncrcce!cape