[comp.fonts] fonts for HP LaserJet Series II

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (10/27/88)

I am interested in getting some highly readable fonts in a HP LaserJet
downloadable format.  In particular, something like a 12 point Century
Schoolbook in normal, bold and italic would be ideal.

Can someone give me a summary of what is out there?  What are the
Hershey fonts and METAFONT.  Are there programs (for Unix or dos) to
convert fonts to HP downloadable format?

--
Jon Zeeff      			Ann Arbor, MI
umix!b-tech!zeeff  		zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us

tvf@bmt.UUCP (Thomas V. Frauenhofer) (11/01/88)

Me too!  I would be interested in this!
--
Another musing from: Tom Frauenhofer ...!rutgers!rochester!kodak!bmt!tvf
        or send mail to ...!rutgers!rochester!rit!anna!ma!tvf1477

In article <4898@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us> zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
>... Are there programs (for Unix or dos) to
>convert fonts to HP downloadable format?

I haven't got any particularly nice fonts, but I do have a program that
converts Unix vfont format into HP download format.
--
The Earth is our mother.        |    Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
Our nine months are up.         |uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu