[comp.fonts] ZapfDingbats

news@imagine.PAWL.RPI.EDU (news) (10/26/88)

[]
	(Those of who who don't have ZapfDingbats in PS, skip all this...)
From: kibo@pawl17.pawl.rpi.edu (James Parry)

	I have a little question here for those who you who have actually
 used the PS font called ZapfDingbats.  Clearly, some of the dingbats will
 be more "useful"/"popular" than others.  Now, what I'm wondering, is which
 ones actually get used the most?
	If you'd like to participate in my little survey, please send me
 a list of either the ASCII numbers, or the descriptions of, the dingbats
 that you've actually found uses for.  Once I think I've collected all
 the responses, I'll post a brief summary to the net... this question
 intrigues me.  :-)

 -----------
 Kibo (Jim Parry)
 userfe0n%mts.rpi.edu@itsgw.rpi.edu
 userfe0n@rpitsmts.bitnet
 or wox me on AmonNet!

maybee@pogo.GPID.TEK.COM (Joe Maybee) (10/28/88)

In article <1540@imagine.PAWL.RPI.EDU> kibo () writes:

     [About ZapfDingbats]

>	If you'd like to participate in my little survey, please send me
> a list of either the ASCII numbers, or the descriptions of, the dingbats
> that you've actually found uses for.

It will be interesting just to see some of the descriptions of the dingbats.

Do they actually have names?   Anybody interested in making up a list of
names for these little jobbies?   Maybe we could have a contest! ;-)

--
Joe Maybee				    |
...tektronix!pogo!maybee   (503)-685-3572   |  Register engineers,

keithe@tekgvs.GVS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (11/09/88)

Well, they're cute, but how do I get them rotated, reversed, or
whatever I need, to use them? I mean, pointing fingers need to point
more than the few directions provided...

If you've got this one figure out please let me (us?) know.

keith

Keith Ericson  at TekLabs (resident factious factotum)
Tektronix, PO 500, MS 58-383   Beaverton OR 97077    (503)627-6042
UUCP:	[uunet|ucbvax|decvax|hplabs]!tektronix!tekgvs!keithe
ARPA:	keithe%tekgvs.TEK.COM@RELAY.CS.NET
CSNet:	keithe@tekgvs.TEK.COM