[comp.fonts] Urgent request for information

pjb@tcom.stc.co.uk (Peter J. Bishop) (11/18/88)

Help.

I am currently trying to write a filter to emulate the VT100 Line Drawing font
as part of an LN03 to PostScript filter. (The reasons for this are too detailed
to go into here.)

The way I want it to work is that the characters 32-127 (decimal) remain
unchanged, but the characters 224-254 (decimal) are the characters 96-126
(decimal) from the VT100 Line Drawing font - Got that.

If anyone can supply me with the said font, or even better a solution to my
problem (no rude comments please) it would be appreciated.

While I'm here, does anyone have an Old English Font?

--
Cheers,
Peter Bishop.  <pjb@tcom.stc.co.uk> || ...!mcvax!ukc!stc!pjb

cjc@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Chris Calabrese[mav]) (11/20/88)

In article <674@jura.tcom.stc.co.uk>, pjb@tcom.stc.co.uk (Peter J. Bishop) writes:
> I am currently trying to write a filter to emulate the VT100 Line Drawing font
>
> The way I want it to work is that the characters 32-127 (decimal) remain
> unchanged, but the characters 224-254 (decimal) are the characters 96-126
> (decimal) from the VT100 Line Drawing font - Got that.

The 'said font' is the solution.  Simply design a font which has
characters 32-127 defined the same way they are in your favorite
font, then define 224-254 the way you want them.  Then write your
filter to include the font definition and to setfont to this font.

It's that simple :-)
--
	Christopher J. Calabrese
	AT&T Bell Laboratories