[comp.fonts] Font conversion tools

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (11/24/88)

Does anyone have programs to convert .pxl or .pk fonts to .gf format?

I'm interested because I'd like to create HP Laserjet fonts from some
of the TeX fonts.  X11.R3 includes tools to convert

gf -> bdf -> vfont

and Henry Spencer has a vfont to HP program.  The problem is that I have
.pk TeX fonts.

Any information on a more direct method would also be appreciated.

  Jon Zeeff			zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
  Support ISO 8859/1		zeeff%b-tech.uucp@umix.cc.umich.edu
  Ann Arbor, MI			umix!b-tech!zeeff

wilker@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Clarence W. Wilkerson Jr.) (11/26/88)

blank
blank
blank
Why not just extract the readpk and download to HP parts of the
the Beebe dvijep driver?

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (11/27/88)

In article <6883@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> wilker@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Clarence W. Wilkerson Jr.) writes:
>Why not just extract the readpk and download to HP parts of the
>the Beebe dvijep driver?

While I haven't looked at the dvijep code yet, I think that you are right -
it's probably the simplest way to go.