[comp.fonts] Looking for info on CGM ANSI Standard, XYVision

ftrue@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Dr. Destruction) (02/06/89)

I am looking for references on the ANSI standard "CGM" (Computer
Graphics Markup or something), which is the only ANSI standard for
computer graphics. The only manual I've been able to find is the
actual ANSI reference manuals on it, and I'll be damned if I'm
going to sit through all 28 lbs or so of them to get a brief
overview...

I am also interested in finding out more about how the word
processing system XYVision spits out CGM files.

Any info pointing to sources for CGM reference manuals or quick
reference jobbies would be muchly appreciated. Please
Email to:

    ftrue@jarthur.UUCP
or  ftrue@hmcvax.BITNET
Frederick True                         Harvey Mudd College

waynec@lion.cis.ohio-state.edu (Wayne Carlson) (02/09/89)

In article <171@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> ftrue@jarthur.UUCP (Dr. Destruction) writes:

 >I am looking for references on the ANSI standard "CGM" (Computer
 >Graphics Markup or something), which is the only ANSI standard for
 >computer graphics. The only manual I've been able to find is the
 >actual ANSI reference manuals on it, and I'll be damned if I'm
 >going to sit through all 28 lbs or so of them to get a brief
 >overview...
 >
 >I am also interested in finding out more about how the word
 >processing system XYVision spits out CGM files.
 >
 >Any info pointing to sources for CGM reference manuals or quick
 >reference jobbies would be muchly appreciated. Please
 >Frederick True                         Harvey Mudd College

CGM == Computer Graphics Metafile
Look at reference
  Arnold, DB and PR Bono, "CGM and CGI - Metafile and Interface Standards
    for Computer Graphics", Springer-Verlag, 279 pages, 103 figs, 1988,
    ISBN 3-540-18950-5 or ISBN 0-387-18950-5.

twb@hoqax.UUCP (T.W. Beattie) (02/13/89)

In article <171@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> ftrue@jarthur.UUCP (Dr. Destruction) writes:
>I am looking for references on the ANSI standard "CGM" (Computer
>Graphics Markup or something), which is the only ANSI standard for
          ^^^^^^ (actually Metafile)
>computer graphics. The only manual I've been able to find is the
>actual ANSI reference manuals on it, and I'll be damned if I'm
>going to sit through all 28 lbs or so of them to get a brief
>overview...

The "CGI/CGM PRIMER" by Lucia McKay is available from
Nova Graphics International Corp.
Austin Texas
(512) 327-9300
---