[comp.fonts] Need help finding a font maker/editor for Mush-DOS

kevinc@auvax.UUCP (Kevin "auric" Crocker) (02/19/89)

Hello netlanders.  For some work that I am doing in Risk Theory I need
to be able to print (Apple Laserwriter + or DEC LN03 ) some special
symbols that I have thought up. [Please don't flame for not using
standard symbols - the context requires NEW symbols that do not have
associative meanings in other disciplines.]

All I want is leads to some font definer/editor/maker programs that
won't get me into trouble with copyrights.  I guess I really don't want
a font editor, rather a font maker program.

Environment :  Zenith 241 AT, CGA, lots of memory, MS-DOS 3.1.
		I use Lotus Manuscript generally and print to either a
		APLW+ or LN03.

Thanks in advance.  (If enough interest is shown I will post response
summaries to the net, if it is needed)

Kevin Crocker {alberta, backbone}!auvax!kevinc  [at least I hope it
comes out this way]
--
Kevin "Auric" Crocker @Athabasca University {alberta ncc}auvax!kevinc

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (02/19/89)

In article <866@auvax.UUCP> kevinc@auvax.UUCP (Kevin "auric" Crocker) writes:
>Hello netlanders.  For some work that I am doing in Risk Theory I need
>to be able to print (Apple Laserwriter + or DEC LN03 ) some special
>symbols that I have thought up. [Please don't flame for not using
>standard symbols - the context requires NEW symbols that do not have
>associative meanings in other disciplines.]
>
>All I want is leads to some font definer/editor/maker programs that
>won't get me into trouble with copyrights.  I guess I really don't want
>a font editor, rather a font maker program.
>
>Environment :  Zenith 241 AT, CGA, lots of memory, MS-DOS 3.1.
>		I use Lotus Manuscript generally and print to either a
>		APLW+ or LN03.

If all you want to do is create a couple of special postscript
characters, get a copy of the Adobe Blue Book wherein they
give you an example of how to define a small character set.

Type in the example and change the shapes to whatever you want.
Shouldnt be to tough if what you want is simple.

--
               Lotus Super Seven Series III.  Too fast to race.
   BYTE computer graphics photo layout cancelled.  Too many Amiga entries.