[comp.fonts] Looking for HP LaserJet-Plus Font

richard@pantor.UUCP (Richard Sargent) (05/10/89)

Hello,

  I've got a NEC SilentWriter LC890 PostScript printer which includes
HP LaserJet-Plus emeulation capabilities.  Is there anyone out there
who has a downloadable font for the LaserJet-Plus mode which will allow
me to print the IBM PC Graphic characters?  In particular, I am looking
for one which is freely distributable rather than $.

  Thanks.

Richard Sargent
Systems Analyst

ronnie@xroads.UUCP (Ronnie Phillips) (05/15/89)

In article <11.UUL1.3#5109@pantor.UUCP> richard@pantor.UUCP (Richard Sargent) writes:
>who has a downloadable font for the LaserJet-Plus mode which will allow
>me to print the IBM PC Graphic characters?  In particular, I am looking
>for one which is freely distributable rather than $.

I have probably two different versions of a Hewlett-Packard PD softfont
which does IBM PC Graphic characters.  If you like I can mail them
out to you by regular email here on the net.  Or if anyone else is
interested, just let me know.

Ronnie

jvte@euraiv1.uucp (Jan van 't Ent) (05/18/89)

For various LaserJet softfonts you might try to contact some local BBS.
The Cooperworks BBS (608 271 3685) has a file HPGRAPH.ARC in the Laser
Conference to print ibm-graphics on a LJ+; the Datacom BBS (813 796
5627) also has a wide variety of laser softfonts. Hope this helps.
<Jan>

gnu@cup.portal.com (Roger D Niclas) (05/23/89)

I'd be interested, too.  I want to test the LaserJet Series II, and I'd
hate to BUY (shudder) a fontset just to do that.

tom@mims-iris.uucp (Tom Haapanen) (05/24/89)

In article <137@hathi.euraiv1.uucp> jvte@euraiv1.uucp (Jan van 't Ent) writes:

> For various LaserJet softfonts you might try to contact some local BBS.

Are there any FTP sites that have LaserJet softfonts?  Thanks...

					\tom haapanen
					tom@mims-iris.UWaterloo.CA

"Now, you didn't really expect my views to agree with my employer's, did you?"

ronnie@xroads.UUCP (Ronnie Phillips) (05/25/89)

I have had an overwhelming amount of requests to send everyone
my LaserJet Font collection and its getting pretty hard to keep
up with all the mail.

Would it be alright with everyone if I just posted the fonts in
this newsgroup???  They are all in ARC format and I would just
uuencode them for posting purposes.

-Ronnie

--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 /\   (602) 941-2005 300|1200 Baud 24 hrs/day

pusateri@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Thomas J. Pusateri) (05/26/89)

Yes, please post your hp fonts to this newsgroup. Maybe we could start a
archive somewhere that is accessable via anonymous ftp. Any volunteers?

Tom Pusateri

pusateri@nbsr.mc.duke.edu

gls@odyssey.ATT.COM (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (06/03/89)

So long as we're talking about LJ+ fonts, anyone who wants some nifty
QMS download fonts and a QMS-to-LaserJet converter may write me at
odyssey.ATT.COM.  No, I don't have a LaserJet-to-QMS converter!

It is old Buffalo software and warranted for nothing....