[comp.fonts] Converting HP Soft Fonts -> TeX

anne@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Anne Shatrau Todd) (06/23/89)

With very little TeX and Metafont experience, I am attempting to convert
some homemade HP-type laserjet soft fonts into TeX fonts. The actual conversion
process that I'm using *appears* to work, but I'm having trouble adjusting
the intercharacter spacing for a fixed width font.

I have tried altering the "property list" file before converting it into
the .tfm format, but I've only been able to change interword spacing.

If anyone out there has suggestions, I would be most grateful!

Anne Shatrau Todd
Hewlett-Packard
Corvallis Division

anne@hpcvlx.HP.COM

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (06/23/89)

David Strip of Sandia labs has already written a program to do this.
I think the program is in the Clarkson archives.

msschaa@cs.vu.nl (Schaap MS) (06/23/89)

In article <105240002@hpcvlx.HP.COM> anne@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Anne Shatrau Todd) writes:
>With very little TeX and Metafont experience, I am attempting to convert
>some homemade HP-type laserjet soft fonts into TeX fonts. The actual conversion

Simtel has a package you can use. I can't remember the name
(something like HP2TEX.ARC)

					Michael