[comp.fonts] Metafont in LaTeX

shoopak@topaz.rutgers.edu (Maverick) (06/23/89)

Is there a way to implement Metafont Font defs in a [La]Tex file, so
I can

latex foo
dvi2ps foo
lpr foo on a postscript printer.

???

					rick.

NAME:  Steven Shoopak  (Maverick)       VOICE:  (201)932-3465
ARPA:  shoopak@topaz.rutgers.edu       BITNET:  4499108@RUTMVS1.BITNET
UUCP:  {backbone}!rutgers!topaz.rutgers.edu!shoopak
US MAIL:  Bx 816 Wharton N.J. 07885

          "The bird.  You know, the finger."

                              - Goose.

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (06/23/89)

|Is there a way to implement Metafont Font defs in a [La]Tex file, so
|I can
|
|latex foo
|dvi2ps foo
|lpr foo on a postscript printer.

Huh? LaTeX and METAFONT are different languages. One typesets text the
other makes fonts. Would you feed a COBOL program to a C compiler?

(Yeah, I think I know what you want. Sorry, you can't make fonts on the
fly with LaTeX. Not this way anyway.)

hess@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Caleb Hess) (06/23/89)

In article <1989Jun22.165158.8750@cs.rochester.edu> ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) writes:
>(Yeah, I think I know what you want. Sorry, you can't make fonts on the
>fly with LaTeX. Not this way anyway.)

I have a patched version of dvips that runs Metafont to produce *.pk fonts
as needed from *.mf source files, if that's what you need.

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (06/23/89)

In article <1989Jun22.165158.8750@cs.rochester.edu> ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) writes:

>Would you feed a COBOL program to a C compiler?

Only if you had the right pre-processor.

--
      ``When I try to sleep at night, I can only dream in red''
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV