[comp.fonts] TeX fonts

ugmalouf@sunybcs (Rob Malouf) (04/29/88)

Can anyone give me a clue as to where I can find a (if possible, free) font
suitable for typesetting fancy "engraved" invitations using TeX? I will be
forever in your debt.

Rob Malouf                                              ugmalouf@cs.buffalo.edu
Graphics Consultant                                ACSGRPM@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU
State University of New York at Buffalo                   V103PDUZ@UBVMS.BITNET

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (04/29/88)

Zapf Chancery (tm) might be a nice font for invitations. OK, it's not a
TeX font, but some sites have DVI drivers that allow access to
PostScript fonts. Ask your local guru.

	Ken

dow@wjh12.harvard.edu (Dominik Wujastyk) (04/29/88)

In article <10704@sunybcs.UUCP> ugmalouf@sunybcs.UUCP (Rob Malouf) writes:
>Can anyone give me a clue as to where I can find a (if possible, free) font
>suitable for typesetting fancy "engraved" invitations using TeX?

The article "The ABC's of Special Effects" by Georgia K. M. Tobin,
published in the latest issue of TUGboat (9.1 (1988), pp.15--18) has some
intriguing examples of fancy 3-D and other fonts, generated in a clever,
but really quite simple way from the CM fonts.  All you need is a working
version of Metafont, and Tobin's MF code will produce the special effects
shown.

Dominik

--
bitnet:	 user DOW on the bitnet node HARVUNXW
arpanet: dow@wjh12.harvard.edu

gerns@tubsibr.UUCP (Arnd Gerns) (09/05/89)

   Hello,

   on our machine we have fonts called `esch80' and `coron' for use
   with TeX. We have only one PXL-file in an useless size.

   Does anybody know, where I could get either the METAFONT input files
   for this fonts or PK-files (or PXL-files) for density 300dpi?

   Thanks,
   Arnd.

   Arnd Gerns               | Phone:  +49 531 391 3245
   TU Braunschweig          | Fax:    +49 531 391 4577
   Inst. f. Betriebssysteme | Telex:  95 25 26 tubsw
       und Rechnerverbund   |
   Bueltenweg 74/75         | BITNET: gerns@dbsinf6.bitnet
   D-3300 Braunschweig      | UUCP:   gerns@tubsibr.uucp