[comp.fonts] Large TeX fonts needed

mat@zeus.opt-sci.arizona.edu (Mat Watson) (09/11/89)

I'm trying to make some viewraphs with large formulas, but I've got
a problem.  The standard font distirbutions (TeX, LaTeX, ... )
that I got from cs.washington.edu don't have the magnified fonts
that I need.

I understand that Metafont can be used to build these larger font
files.  I've looked around on several ftp servers and haven't
been able to find Metafont.

Does anybody out there know where I can get Metafont, or know of
some other way to build the large fonts?

Thanks in advance,

Mat Watson
mat@zeus.opt-sci.arizona.edu [128.196.128.219]
..{allegra,cmcl2,hao!noao}!arizona!amethyst!zeus!mat
Optical Sciences Center, Univ. of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA

phil@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) (09/11/89)

In article <1041@amethyst.math.arizona.edu> mat@zeus.opt-sci.arizona.edu (Mat Watson) writes:
>Does anybody out there know where I can get Metafont, or know of
>some other way to build the large fonts?

On more recent copies of the Unix TeX tape, a working version of
WEB-2-C metafont is there.  Check in tex82/cmf and tex82/mfdir.

		William LeFebvre
		Northwestern University
		<phil@eecs.nwu.edu>