[comp.fonts] HP-laserjet fonts

bruschke@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Michiel Bruschke) (09/07/89)

I just purchased an HP-LaserJet printer and I'm looking for public
domain downloadable fonts.  Does anybody know if there is an archive
server containing soft-fonts?

Please reply to bruschke@192.5.57.1

josef@ugun13.UUCP (09/10/89)

 > I just purchased an HP-LaserJet printer and I'm looking for public
 > domain downloadable fonts.  Does anybody know if there is an archive
 > server containing soft-fonts?

Although I cannot ftp/download, I'm interested too

		Josef Moellers

	paper mail:			e-mail:
c/o Nixdorf Computer AG		USA:  uunet!linus!nixbur!mollers.pad
Abt. DX-SC 1			!USA: mcvax!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad
Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring			Phone:
D-4790 Paderborn		(+49) 5251 104691
| "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life.	|
|  Can You give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out	|
|  death in judgement"							|
|			Gandalf to Frodo in "The Fellowship of the Ring"|

gerry@dialogic.UUCP (Gerry Lachac) (09/14/89)

In article <4300001@ugun13> josef@ugun13.UUCP writes:

> > I just purchased an HP-LaserJet printer and I'm looking for public
> > domain downloadable fonts.  Does anybody know if there is an archive
> > server containing soft-fonts?
>
>Although I cannot ftp/download, I'm interested too

The following article was posted to comp.archives a couple of days ago.
I hope it helps everone.

Archive site mims-iris.waterloo.edu, mims-iris font archive:
	The mims-iris font archive contains free, public domain and
	shareware fonts and font utilities for laser printers. The
	emphasis of the archive is on fonts and tools for the
	Hewlett-Packard LaserJet series printers.
Here are some words that describe what's in the archive:
	fonts,laserjet
This archive is administered by Tom Haapanen, tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu,
	who submitted the entry on Wed, 6 Sep 89 12:40:06 EDT.
The archive is in the Eastern time zone.
The best and worse times to access the archive:
	1700-0800 best
	0800-1700 worst
Files tagged with a pattern matching "ftp" can be obtained with ftp.
	The domain name is "mims-iris.waterloo.edu" and its internet address
	is 129.97.129.116. The files are in directory "/".
There is an index file whose access tag is "ftp" in file "/README.1st".
	The file is 1K bytes. The file contains archive use instructions.
There is an index file whose access tag is "ftp" in file "/ls-lR". The file is
	8K bytes. The file contains an ls -lR list of all files in the
	archive.

@ADD SITE
NM mims-iris.waterloo.edu
EN tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) Wed, 6 Sep 89 12:40:06 EDT
TM EST;1700-0800 best;0800-1700 worst
TT mims-iris font archive
AD tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen)
MA
CO ftp;ftp;mims-iris.waterloo.edu;129.97.129.116;/;
IX ftp;/README.1st;1;;;archive use instructions
IX ftp;/ls-lR;8;;;an ls -lR list of all files in the archive
KW fonts,laserjet
DE The mims-iris font archive contains free, public domain and
DE shareware fonts and font utilities for laser printers. The
DE emphasis of the archive is on fonts and tools for the
DE Hewlett-Packard LaserJet series printers.

@END

--
uunet!dialogic!gerry   | 			   |	Dialogic Corporation
	OR	       |  			   |	129 Littleton Rd