[comp.fonts] Where to purchase Bitstream

spectre@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert Sillett) (10/20/89)

After reading all of the reviews in PC Magazine, I've decided to purchase Bitstream fonts, however I can't seem to locate them in any ads.  Do I contact Bitstream directly?  Or can I purchase them through any mail-order company?

Also, what typefaces are the best to get?  I understand that Dutch & Swiss come with the Fontware package.  Is there a way to get a listing of all fonts like HP includes with their fonts?  Any information will be appreciated.

--- Robert Sillett

forsythe@convex.com (Charles Forsythe) (10/20/89)

spectre@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert Sillett) writes:
>After reading all of the reviews in PC Magazine, I've decided to
>purchase Bitstream fonts, however I can't seem to locate them in any
>ads.  Do I contact Bitstream directly?  Or can I purchase them through
>any mail-order company?

If you want to call Bitstream directly, you could try (617) 497-6222 and
ask for someone in "End User Sales".  This should put you in touch with
somebody who can answer all your questions and (I'm pretty sure) can take
an order over the phone.

-Charles
"Let him that hath understanding count the number the beast"
		-Revelations 13:18
forsythe@convex.com
#### This has nothing to do with Convex Computer Corporation -- obviously ####

oj@apollo.HP.COM (Ellis Oliver Jones) (10/20/89)

In article <20117@unix.cis.pitt.edu> spectre@cisunx.UUCP (Robert Sillett) writes:
>... contact Bitstream directly?

Call 617-497-6222 .