[net.followup] SECOND CALL FOR WRITERS, WIZARDS AND UNIX GURUS

In article <1649@well.UUCP> mitch@well.UUCP (Mitchell Waite) writes:
>A CALL FOR WIZARDS, WRITERS AND UNIX GURUS      Aug 13, 1986
>(OPEN) THE FUTURE OF BERKELEY UNIX
>        This contribution reveals where BSD4.3 is headed, how it is diverging
>from System V, what that means in the market and in the university, and how
>the
>end user will be effected by these two diverging operating systems.

I really think you should also talk, here, about how they are also
CONverging.  This really is happening in some areas, while at the
same time they are diverging in others.  Talking only about differences
masks the fact that they are fertilising each other!

>(OPEN) EMERGING UNIX STANDARDS
>        AT&T is merging Berkeley Unix 4.2 features in to System V Release 3,
>while Berkeley is headed off in another direction.  What does this mean?

It works both ways!

>(OPEN) WHAT SHELL?

Just thought I'd mention I've grown to love ksh primarily for its
line-editting capabilities, so much nicer than csh's.  Wish it also
had csh's extended history usability, though.

--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}
			jsdy@hadron.COM (not yet domainised)