[comp.fonts] Looking for discount Adobe fonts

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (11/18/89)

	Does anybody know of a place that sells Adobe fonts for less than
Adobe's list prices?  Alternatively, does anybody know of another (i.e.
cheaper) Mac/Postscript font supplier who offers Copperplate Gothic?
Copperplate Gothic is a particularly ugly font which just happens to be
what was used in our particularly ugly letterhead stationary.  But then
again, I'm not paid to make aesthetic decisions.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
{att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy -or- roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu
"The connector is the network"

woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) (11/20/89)

In article <4132@phri.UUCP>, roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) writes:

> 	Does anybody know of a place that sells Adobe fonts for less than
> Adobe's list prices?  Alternatively, does anybody know of another (i.e.
> cheaper) Mac/Postscript font supplier who offers Copperplate Gothic?
> Copperplate Gothic is a particularly ugly font which just happens to be
> what was used in our particularly ugly letterhead stationary.  But then
> again, I'm not paid to make aesthetic decisions.
> --
> Roy Smith, Public Health Research Institute
> 455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
> {att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy -or- roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu
> "The connector is the network"

O.K., try looking in some of the mac magazines.  There is a company called
Cassidy and Greene located in California that makes buckets of nice fonts, and
there is Century software, also located in California that makes some nice
fonts.  Computer Support located in Dallas makes a nice collection of fonts.
One of these companies should have what you are looking for.  Cassidy and Greene
has close to 100 fonts.

Cheers, Woody