[comp.fonts] Sanskrit fonts

21602VB@MSU.BITNET (Vickie L. Banks) (12/11/89)

I'd like to get fonts for either the IBM-PC or (preferably) the MAC for
both Sanskrit script and the Sanskrit variations needed to use the
Roman alphabet.  Does anyone know where these might be available?

Vickie L. Banks
Educational Systems Development
Michigan State University                  21602VB@MSU.BITNET

rob@NRC.COM (Rob Pawsner) (12/12/89)

21602VB@MSU.BITNET (Vickie L. Banks) writes:

> I'd like to get fonts for either the IBM-PC or (preferably) the MAC
> for both Sanskrit script and the Sanskrit variations needed to use the
> Roman alphabet.  Does anyone know where these might be available?

The second-best answer to this question -- and maybe a third of the
other questions I see in this newsgroup -- is:

	Linguist's Software
	925 Hindley Lane
	Edmonds, WA 98020
	(206) 775-2173

The first-best answer to this question -- and to a remarkable number
of Mac-related questions I see in all newsgroups -- is:

	MacGuide Magazine
	550 South Wadsworth Blvd, Suite 500
	Denver CO 80226
	(303) 935-8100

This is a comprehensive and well-indexed quarterly collection of
product reviews and summaries. It will answer most "Where can I
get..."  questions. And it's not a hard-to-find hacker's magazine; I
buy my copies at the local Crown or B. Dalton.

singer@apple.com (Dave Singer) (12/15/89)

In article <429@nrcvax.NRC.COM> rob@NRC.COM (Rob Pawsner) writes:
> The second-best answer to this question -- and maybe a third of the
> other questions I see in this newsgroup -- is:
>
>         Linguist's Software ...

who are only one of the many vendors in the MacTography catalog of all
postscript fonts;  really a very useful doc

MacTography
301-424-3942

the catalog has full prints of the character sets, prices etc., and
key-caps for unusual (e.g. PI) fonts.

* * * * *
To be loyal to rags, to shout for rags, to worship rags, to die for rags
-- that is a loyalty of unreason, it is pure animal (Mark Twain).

rajive@lotus.cs.ucla.edu (Rajive Bagrodia) (12/22/89)

In article <429@nrcvax.NRC.COM> you write:
>The second-best answer to this question -- and maybe a third of the
>other questions I see in this newsgroup -- is:
>	Linguist's Software
>	925 Hindley Lane
>	Edmonds, WA 98020
>	(206) 775-2173

The correct no. for the above outfit is (206) 775 1130; and yes, they do have
the appropriate software for the Mac.

Rajive Bagrodia
rajive@cs.ucla.edu
213 825-0956