[comp.fonts] Thai fonts

a15@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Peter Heymens Visser) (01/04/90)

I would be pleased to receive any kind of information about
TeX-fonts for a full set of Thai alphabet characters also how
to obtain such a set.
please reply to: a15@nikhef.nl

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) (01/08/90)

I couldn't get this sent by e-mail so I'm posting it to the net...

In article <710@nikhefh.nikhef.nl> a15@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Peter Heymens Visser) writes:
>I would be pleased to receive any kind of information about
>TeX-fonts for a full set of Thai alphabet characters also how
>to obtain such a set.
>please reply to: a15@nikhef.nl

Some rather beautiful fonts for typesetting Thai (and also macros to
accomplish some Thai typesetting conventions) have been developed at
the United Bible Societies under the direction of Dr. Robert Batzinger.
I don't know under what circumstances they would be willing to distribute
the fonts, but from my contacts with Dr. Batzinger, I suspect that they
would be willing to allow free distribution of them. You can contact him
by writing to the following address:
  Dr. Robert P. Batzinger
  Suite 1001 South Seas Centre, Tower 1
  Tsim Sha tsui East, Hong Kong

  Telephone: 3-7232906
  Cables: ASPREC
  Telex: 45425 APHK
  Fax: 3-7236152
You may want to include sufficient funds to cover the cost of diskettes
and postage with your request and possibly also a donation to the
organization to support the continuation of their development of east
Asian typesetting with TeX.

-dh

--
"Odi et amo, quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
   nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior"          -Catullus