[comp.fonts] Which font is this?

delong@frith.egr.msu.edu (02/23/90)

I saw a font I really liked, but I don't know the name.  Probably the most
outstanding feature was the "W".  The "W" looked like two "V"s overlapping.
It was a Serif'ed font.  Does anyone know of a font that fits this description?

		  \   \/   /
		   \  /\  /
		    \/  \/

Thanks,

Keith
delong@frith.egr.msu.edu
Delta College

delong@frith.egr.msu.edu writes:

>I saw a font I really liked, but I don't know the name.  Probably the most
>outstanding feature was the "W".  The "W" looked like two "V"s overlapping.
>It was a Serif'ed font.

Garamond (in its various incarnations) fits that description.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

I don't know what's scarier: President Reagan saying he had no inkling of
his aides doing anything illegal, or an ex-president who uses the word inkling.

henry@angel.Sun.COM (Henry McGilton--Software Products) (02/24/90)

In article <6576@cps3xx.UUCP>, delong@frith.egr.msu.edu writes:

    *  I saw a font I really liked, but I don't know the
    *  name.  Probably the most outstanding feature was the
    *  "W".  The "W" looked like two "V"s overlapping.  It was
    *  a Serif'ed font.  Does anyone know of a font that fits
    *  this description?

Several.
	Bodoni has a small overlap.
	Garamond has a moderately large overlap.
	Goudy Old Style has a small overlap.
	Sabon has a small overlap.
	Weiss has a very large overlap.

	..........  Henry

|   America will go metric    |                           |
|   every inch of the way!    | arpa: hmcgilton@sun.com   |
| Murphy's Law of Metrication | uucp: ...!sun!angel!henry |

mark@lakesys.lakesys.com (Mark Storin) (02/24/90)

	The "W" which looks like overlapping V's could be from the Garamond
font.  Look at the capital "T", if one of the serifs on the cross bar is
tilted at an angle then it's a sure bet that it's Garamond.
--
Mark A. Storin
Lake Systems, Milw., WI