[comp.fonts] cartoon font for Mac needed

Q8N@psuvm.psu.edu (Scott D. Camp) (03/01/90)

I was wondering if someone could point me to a good screen font for the
Macintosh that could be used when creating simple cartoon strips. I
am the kind-of editor for a local newsletter, and since I donate my time,
I would be really interested in something in the public domain or at least
cheap shareware.

I looked at the fonts available via ftp from Stanford, but nothing seemed
appropriate. Does anyone know of an anonymous ftp site that keeps a lot of
fonts for the Mac?

Please e-mail responses, fonts, suggested ftp sites to examine, etc. I will
summarize if there is sufficient interest.

Scott D. Camp   Q8N@PSUVM.PSU.EDU
The Pennsylvania State University
305 Oswald Tower
University Park, PA  16802
814-863-0121

woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) (03/03/90)

In article <90059.221616Q8N@psuvm.psu.edu>, Q8N@psuvm.psu.edu (Scott D. Camp) writes:
> I was wondering if someone could point me to a good screen font for the
> Macintosh that could be used when creating simple cartoon strips. I
> am the kind-of editor for a local newsletter, and since I donate my time,
> I would be really interested in something in the public domain or at least
> cheap shareware.
>
> I looked at the fonts available via ftp from Stanford, but nothing seemed
> appropriate. Does anyone know of an anonymous ftp site that keeps a lot of
> fonts for the Mac?
I don't have access to ftp.  is there some other way of accessing this?
like a server, or a direct line into the system?

Cheers
Woody