[comp.fonts] 8x16 PD IBM extended character set wanted

pruss@ria.ccs.uwo.ca (? pruss) (05/28/90)

I am looking for bitmaps for the IBM extended [chars 128-254] character
set in 8x16 resolution [8 wide, 16 high] that are in the public domain.

I could always design them myself, but that would take some time.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can obtain them legally?  [Illegally,
I could steal it from the ROM of some PC, of course].

Thanx a lot.

pruss@ria.ccs.uwo.ca   /   pruss@ria.UUCP

vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com (venu.p.gopal) (05/29/90)

In article <425@ria.ccs.uwo.ca> pruss@ria.ccs.uwo.ca (? pruss) writes:
>I am looking for bitmaps for the IBM extended [chars 128-254] character
>set in 8x16 resolution [8 wide, 16 high] that are in the public domain.
>
>I could always design them myself, but that would take some time.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas where I can obtain them legally?  [Illegally,
>I could steal it from the ROM of some PC, of course].

I don't know of any PD version of this but the following info might be
helpful.  There is a screen capture program called Screen-to-Postscript
that will grab the text screen including the 128-254 character set and
print it on a Postscript printer (or generate an EPS file).  You might
be able to buy it from them - the program itself costs 49.95 dollars.
Their address is: Offe Enterprises, 1163 E. Ogden Ave, #705-131,
Naperville, IL 60563.  Phone: 708-357-6679.

They also have another program that will capture the attributes (bold,
foreground/background color etc) into an EPS file.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!cbnewsc!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com