[comp.fonts] fonts of knowledge: the document

jsweet@ICS.UCI.EDU (Jerry Sweet) (05/31/90)

At long last, thanks primarily to authors Elizabeth Zwicky and Scott
Simpson, there is a document called "TeX Font Management Hints"
available for anonymous FTP from ics.uci.edu (128.195.1.1).  The file
is in TeX/font-hints.txt.

  -r--r--r--  1 jsweet      31165 May 30 12:51 TeX/font-hints.txt

Sorry, but I'd rather NOT mail out copies of this document.  Instead,
it should find its way into repositories with automated archive
servers (one is NOT operated by ics.uci.edu), and requests for copies
should be made therefrom.  If someone who manages such a server would
like to include it in their repository, please feel free to grab a
copy and to notify the appropriate lists (this note is being posted to
comp.text.tex and comp.fonts).

Enjoy!

dhosek@sif.claremont.edu (Hosek, Donald A.) (05/31/90)

In article <13163.644104946@ics.uci.edu>, jsweet@ICS.UCI.EDU (Jerry Sweet) writes...
>At long last, thanks primarily to authors Elizabeth Zwicky and Scott
>Simpson, there is a document called "TeX Font Management Hints"
>available for anonymous FTP from ics.uci.edu (128.195.1.1).  The file
>is in TeX/font-hints.txt.

This document is now available from the ymir TeX archive. FTP
users should get it from the directory
[anonymous.tex.documentation] on ymir.claremont.edu; it can also
be retrieved via mailserv by sending a mail message to
mailserv@ymir.claremont.edu with the line
SEND [TEX.DOCUMENTATION]FONT-HINTS.TXT
in its body.

-dh

---
Don Hosek                         "When I was younger, I would throw
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu          spitballs at girls that I liked. Now,
dhosek@ymir.bitnet                 I beg and plead for dates. Frankly, the
uunet!jarthur!ymir                 old way was more satisfying."

scott@wiley.uucp (Scott Simpson) (06/01/90)

In article <13163.644104946@ics.uci.edu> jsweet@ICS.UCI.EDU (Jerry Sweet) writes:
>At long last, thanks primarily to authors Elizabeth Zwicky and Scott
>Simpson, there is a document called "TeX Font Management Hints"
>available for anonymous FTP from ics.uci.edu (128.195.1.1).  The file
>is in TeX/font-hints.txt.

I've also put a Local Guide I wrote for TRW on
trwind.trw.com:pub/latex_local_guide.ps.  Some of the information in
the above document was culled from this document.  My local guide is
somewhat out of date and is specific to our installation, but there is
enough boilerplate there for your own cut at a Local Guide.  This
PostScript file requires a printer with an enormous amount of memory.
Do not cry to me if you can't get it to print.  Also, I don't wish to
be bothered with questions on how to obtain, install or use software
mentioned in this document.  You are on your own.  The section on
BibTeX was stolen from a document by Oren Patashnik and the TRW slide
document style section is by Mike Urban.
Scott Simpson    		TRW 		scott@wiley.coyote.trw.com