[comp.fonts] Playing card fonts/bitmaps ?

mcintyre@turing.cs.rpi.edu (David McIntyre) (06/03/90)

Hi!  I'm in need of a playing card font, or at least some bitmap files.
Actually, I only need the Queen of Spades and the Jack of Diamonds, as
I will be drawing a Pinochle.  Thanks in advance,

				-Dave

Dave "mr question" McIntyre     |      "....say you're thinking about a plate
mcintyre@turing.cs.rpi.edu      |       of shrimp.....and someone says to
office : 518-276-8633		|	you 'plate,' or 'shrimp'......"

mcintyre@turing.cs.rpi.edu (David McIntyre) (06/06/90)

I wrote:
>Hi!  I'm in need of a playing card font, or at least some bitmap files.
>Actually, I only need the Queen of Spades and the Jack of Diamonds, as
>I will be drawing a Pinochle.  Thanks in advance,

I found my own answer, but in case other people want a bitmap like this
sometime, here is the solution.

The Poskanzer bitmap collection contains a full set of 52 playing card
bitmaps.  It can be anonymously-ftp'ed from uunet, and is in the tarfile
X/contrib/poskbitmaptars/pb.c0-cg.tar.