[comp.fonts] old english font

boning@mit-caf.MIT.EDU (Duane Boning) (12/09/88)

Does anyone have an old english font?  That is, I'm not in search of
caligraphic or scribal fonts, but just need a slight enhancement of
the usual roman or computer-modern font set that includes the thorn (a
"p" with an extra stem upwards) and the eth (sort of \partial with a
dash through it, or a D with a dash through it).

I have the latest version of TeX82 and mf84, but can't find anything
that gives me these characters.

Thanks!

Duane Boning
boning@caf.mit.edu
--

					In Real Life: Duane Boning
					CSNET: boning@caf.mit.edu

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (08/22/89)

Just curious: could an Old English font be referred to as
The Serif Of Nottingham?

Jeff Daiell

--
"Mankind is the measure of all things."
                                 -- Protagoras

lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Greg Lee) (08/23/89)

From article <5813@ficc.uu.net>, by jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell):

>Just curious: could an Old English font be referred to as
>The Serif Of Nottingham?

Only if it evolved into the sans of Brighton.

amanda@intercon.uu.net (Amanda) (08/24/89)

In article <4625@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Greg Lee)
writes:
> From article <5813@ficc.uu.net>, by jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell):
>
> >Just curious: could an Old English font be referred to as
> >The Serif Of Nottingham?
>
> Only if it evolved into the sans of Brighton.

I thought Brighton was a beach of Stone...

--
Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation

amanda@intercon.uu.net    |    ...!uunet!intercon!amanda

robert@hemingway.WEITEK.COM (Robert Plamondon) (08/24/89)

>>Just curious: could an Old English font be referred to as
>>The Serif Of Nottingham?

>Only if it evolved into the sans of Brighton.

Or the white glyphs of Dover.
--
    Robert Plamondon
    robert@weitek.COM

Horne-Scott@cs.yale.edu (Scott Horne) (08/24/89)

In article <796@hemingway.WEITEK.COM>, robert@hemingway (Robert Plamondon) writes:
> >>Just curious: could an Old English font be referred to as
> >>The Serif Of Nottingham?
> >Only if it evolved into the sans of Brighton.
> Or the white glyphs of Dover.

You people are carrying bowls to Newcastle!

					--Scott

Scott Horne                     Undergraduate programmer, Yale CS Dept Facility
horne@cs.Yale.edu                         ...!{harvard,cmcl2,decvax}!yale!horne
Home: 203 789-0877     SnailMail:  Box 7196 Yale Station, New Haven, CT   06520
Work: 203 432-1260              Summer residence:  175 Dwight St, New Haven, CT
Dare I speak for the amorphous gallimaufry of intellectual thought called Yale?

dave@bearden.Aus.Sun.COM (David Butler) (09/10/90)

Hi,
        I am looking for an old english font in postscript. I would like a pd solution as it is for my sisters wedding program. While in am on the net begging I would also like a set of the large characters, like start pages in old text books. eg

        +------+
        |      |
        |   A  |
        |      |

Thanks very much dave b

| Email:- dave@Aus.Sun.COM | Entropy :- A measure of disorder...   |
| MMC  :- entropy.Aus      | The amount of energy that is not -    |
| Phone:- +61 2 436 4699   | available for use because of disorder.|