[comp.fonts] Khmer font for Macintosh

rodrigue@diamond.cs.yale.edu (joseph rodrigue) (09/14/90)

Does anyone know of a Khmer font for the Macintosh?  I guess what I'm looking
for is either a program that lets me edit Khmer on the screen or a program
that lets me print out Khmer text on a printer (preferably a laser printer).

I don't know much about the Macintosh, so please enlighten me if I'm
completely off base.

What would such programs cost???

Thanks.

jost@alice.coyote.trw.com (Patrick Jost) (09/14/90)

In article <RODRIGUE.90Sep13202242@diamond.cs.yale.edu> rodrigue@diamond.cs.yale.edu (joseph rodrigue) writes:
>Does anyone know of a Khmer font for the Macintosh?  I guess what I'm looking
>for is either a program that lets me edit Khmer on the screen or a program
>that lets me print out Khmer text on a printer (preferably a laser printer).
>
>I don't know much about the Macintosh, so please enlighten me if I'm
>completely off base.
>
>What would such programs cost???
>
>Thanks.

For Khmer fonts...

Devonian Software: (818) area code part of Los Angeles...

Linguist's Software: Redmond, WA

Fonts cost no more than $150.

Making fonts...

Bitmap fonts: Fontastic (about $100)

Laserwriter fonts: Fontographer (about $300)

Both from Altsys, Plano, TX.

With a properly constructed font, you can use any Macintosh program
that handles different fonts to work in Khmer.

Good luck.

PJ
--

Patrick Jost                        | "Call it synchronicity, call it deja vu,
jost@coyote.trw.com                 |              -Marillion (Fish)