[comp.fonts] Computer Modern fonts to X11 fonts

rlewis@slhisc.uucp (Richard Lewis) (09/19/90)

I'm looking for a utility that will convert TeX CMF fonts (pk or gf)
to X11 fonts (bdf or snf formats). My ftp access is limited (through
princeton ftp mail server) so UUCP or direct mail would be preferable,
however an ftp address would be fine.

thanks
Richard

| Richard S. Lewis               |    uucp: ...!rutgers!marob!slhisc!rlewis |
| Shearson Lehman Brothers, Inc. |          ...!uunet!slcpi!slhisc!rlewis   |
| (212) 341-3494                 |					    |

grunwald@foobar.colorado.edu (Dirk Grunwald) (09/19/90)

> I'm looking for a utility that will convert TeX CMF fonts (pk or gf)
> to X11 fonts (bdf or snf formats). My ftp access is limited (through
> princeton ftp mail server) so UUCP or direct mail would be preferable,
> however an ftp address would be fine.

'mftobdf' does this for 'xtex', and both are part of the SeeTeX
package available as contrib/SeeTeX-2.16.1.tar.Z on expo.lcs.mit.edu
(thanks to whoever put it there) or pub/SeeTeX/SeeTeX-2.16.1.tar.Z on
foobar.colorado.edu.

billw@kgw2.bwi.WEC.COM (Bill Walburg) (10/03/90)

In article <1990Sep18.181258.1724@slhisc.uucp>, rlewis@slhisc.uucp (Richard Lewis) writes:
> I'm looking for a utility that will convert TeX CMF fonts (pk or gf)
> to X11 fonts (bdf or snf formats). My ftp access is limited (through
> princeton ftp mail server) so UUCP or direct mail would be preferable,
> however an ftp address would be fine.

In the X11R4 distribution from MIT, there is a conversion utility called
mftobdf.  It can be found in the contrib/clients/xtex/Mftobdf directory.
This utility takes a CMF pk font and converts it to a bdf font.

--
Bill Walburg @ Xetron Corporation, Cincinnati, Ohio
billw@kgw2.bwi.wec.com     ..!uunet!tron!kgw2!billw