[comp.fonts] HP Soft fonts

levenson@topaz.rutgers.edu (Joel Levenson) (05/31/90)

I am looking for a Soft Fonts Loader.  The loader I got from
mims-iris.waterloo.edu loads the fonts ok, but I can not access them
once they are installed.

I have used Download.COM before and it has worked fine.  Does anyone
have any idea how I can either:

1) Use the soft fonts installed by Jetload.EXE (i.e. Printer Codes)

                              OR

2) Know where I can find Download.COM.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (06/04/90)

Joel Levenson <levenson@topaz.rutgers.edu> writes:
> I am looking for a Soft Fonts Loader.  The loader I got from
> mims-iris.waterloo.edu loads the fonts ok, but I can not access them
> once they are installed.

As the archiver at mims-iris and author of jetload...

> I have used Download.COM before and it has worked fine.  Does anyone
> have any idea how I can either:
> 1) Use the soft fonts installed by Jetload.EXE (i.e. Printer Codes)

You can select the fonts by either:
	1. Font number (eg. font number 27):
		<ESC>(27X
	2. Font description (portrait, PC-8, proportional, 10 point,
	   italic, medium weight, Helv)
		<ESC>&l0O<ESC>(10U<ESC>(s1p10v1s3b4T
Both code sequences need naturally be sent to the printer.  Substitute
the escape character for <ESC>.

A full description of the codes can be found in the LaserJet II Technical
Reference Manual (available from HP), and a shorter one in the User's Manual
(included with the printer).

[ \tom haapanen --- university of waterloo --- tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu ]
[ "i don't even know what street canada is on"               -- al capone ]

kingchu@ttidca.TTI.COM (King-Hang Chu) (10/19/90)

Hi,

	Does anyone know what HP soft font is? Where can I obtain a
	specification ??

	My email address is kingchu@ttidca.tti.com

	Thanks in advanced

King-Hang Chu