[comp.fonts] Glyphix Fonts

levenson@emerald.rutgers.edu (Joel Levenson) (11/19/90)

A question that I hope some one can answer for me.

Does anyone know of any of these fonts floating around the NET
somewhere?  Is this a commercial program, and if so, is there a
company where I can write to find out more?

I thank you in advance.
--
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
INTERNET:   levenson@topaz.rutgers.edu

"64? Where did 64 come into it? I hear you cry. Well, 64 is 8 squared,
don't you see? Ask a silly question, get a silly answer." - Tom Lehrer

martin@cat.de (Thomas Martin) (11/21/90)

Joel Levenson (levenson@emerald.rutgers.edu) schrieb am 19.11.:

> A question that I hope some one can answer for me.
>
> Does anyone know of any of these fonts floating around the NET
> somewhere?  Is this a commercial program, and if so, is there a
> company where I can write to find out more?
>
> I thank you in advance.

Hi Joel,

some month ago I received a program called Glyphix which turned out to be a
demo program of a font generator named glyphix and which contained some
fonts available for this program. If you start this demo program it will print
13 pages of information and the typefacces of 24 fonts available. These fonts
(18 point) are (naturally) included in this package. They are HP-Laserjet II
compatible and I tried successfully to edit them in a font editor.

The address where to order Glyphix, stated in the print-out is:

SWFTE International, Ltd.
Box 5773
Wilmington, DE 19808
(800) 237-9383
(302) 733-0956

I hope that helps a little bit.

Regards,

Thomas Martin

---
  Thomas Martin (martin@cat.de)
  C.A.T. Kommunikations-System, Frankfurt

psycho@mango.ucsb.edu (Scot Kellan Forbes) (11/21/90)

In article <1990Nov20.182011.22101@cat.de> martin@cat.de (Thomas Martin) writes:

>(18 point) are (naturally) included in this package. They are HP-Laserjet II
>compatible and I tried successfully to edit them in a font editor.

At COMDEX this year I noticed many font scaling packages that worked
with Windows.  These were packages that would produce printer and
screen fonts of any size (almost) "on-the-fly".  Some even supported
fonts by other manufacturers (Adobe, Bitstream, Nimbus).  However,
none of these supported Glyphix fonts (Swifte) or Typefoundry fonts
(.OVL by Zsoft).  I have many of each of these and it would be nice
to use them in such a package.  Are there any conversion utilities
(commercial or PD) that accept either or both of these types of
outline fonts and produce outlines compatible with Bitstream or
Adobe?

Also, there is a product called SoftType by Zsoft that claims to be
able to us Typefoundry outlines, does this software convert the
other way? (SoftType outlines to Typefoundry outlines)

Thanx,
Scot Forbes
psycho@cornu.ucsb.edu

brother@csuvax1.csu.murdoch.edu.au (Kaye Brotherwood) (11/22/90)

levenson@emerald.rutgers.edu (Joel Levenson) writes:

>Does anyone know of any of these fonts floating around the NET
>somewhere?  Is this a commercial program, and if so, is there a
>company where I can write to find out more?

Glyphix fonts produced by:

	M D COMPUTING
	108 ROKEBY ROAD
	SUBIACO		WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6008