[comp.fonts] translator from METAFONT to PostScript available

dberry@sei.cmu.edu (Daniel Berry) (12/11/90)

mf2ps is now available for anonymous ftp

This is the program described in the paper
S. Yanai, D.M. Berry, "Environment for Translating METAFONT to PostScript",
_TUGboat_ 11:4, 525-541, 1990

mf2ps was obtained by splitting the METAFONT program into a front-end and a
back-end at precisely the point that the envelope of a character is
determined. This envelope is then output as a PostScript outline program.

It is available in compressed shar format for anonymous ftp from

shemp.cs.ucla.edu (131.179.128.34)
in file pub/mf2ps.shar.Z

Thus uncompressing it yields something to be executed by sh.

Enjoy
Dan
--
Prof. Daniel M. Berry, Computer Science Department, Technion, Haifa 32000 ISRAEL
+972-4-294325, DBERRY@TECHSEL.bitnet dberry@cs.technion.ac.il

mcguffey@muvms3.bitnet (Michael McGuffey) (12/13/90)

In article <9841@fy.sei.cmu.edu>, dberry@sei.cmu.edu (Daniel Berry) writes:
> mf2ps is now available for anonymous ftp
>
> This is the program described in the paper
> S. Yanai, D.M. Berry, "Environment for Translating METAFONT to PostScript",
> _TUGboat_ 11:4, 525-541, 1990

I've tried printing paper.ps to my HPLaserJEt III w/ HP Postscript and
get a stackoverflow error.  Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Since I don't have a "real" postscript symbiont for my VMS print queue,
I have the HP connected to a standard print queue and print /noform the
PS file.  Could this be my problem?

thanks,
-- michael
Michael McGuffey, Director	  BITNET:   mcguffey@marshall
Office of Institutional Research  Internet: mcguffey%muvms3@wvnvms.wvnet.edu
Marshall University		  Phone:    304/696-3212
Huntington, WV 25755		  FAX:      304/696-3601

cline@cica.cica.indiana.edu (Nick Cline) (12/13/90)

Tried to compile on a sun, but need the mflib.a archive (or sources thereto).
If anyone can send me either (or make available via ftp) I would be
grateful.

Nick Cline
cline@silver.ucs.indiana.edu