[comp.fonts] New / More fonts?

ggarber@eagle.wesleyan.edu (12/21/90)

Hello there.......

I was wondering if anybody knows of where it would be possible to obtain PD/
Shareware fonts for the mac?

If so, please let me know.

thanks      Gordon Werner

internet:

G_WERNER@ACC.HAVERFORD.EDU		or	G_WERNER@CC.BRYNMAWR.EDU

thanks

dauter@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Michael Dautermann) (12/24/90)

In article <1990Dec20.160724.37134@eagle.wesleyan.edu> ggarber@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>I was wondering if anybody knows of where it would be possible to obtain PD/
>Shareware fonts for the mac?
>
>If so, please let me know.

horray!  another chance to plug the archive I'm putting together for
Macintosh programs, files, fonts.. you name it.. we probably got it (and
a lot of it you won't find anywhere else..)

I've added in about >50< new Type I fonts (the majority being shareware..
and are fully ATM 1.2 - 2.0 compatable -- which answers KKreuger's
question up there..) in the last four or five weeks.. so it'd be worth
your while to check it out, when you have the chance...

To hook up to the archive, FTP anonymously to um-mts.cc.umich.edu (35.1.1.43)
or ub-mts.cc.umich.edu (35.1.1.47).. type in "cd pc2:" to switch to the
macintosh archives, then either "get do/download2 downloadinfo.txt" for
downloading information and/or "get !index index.txt" which transfers the
entire index to your account to browse through.

One thing I need to make clear is the fact you'll need to enter in a
second name after the first file name in your GET command.. the reason
being is that you probably don't have a "do/" or "fo/" (font) directory
on your Unix account and when you type in, say "get fo/brody3" by
itself.. your ftp is looking for an fo/ directory to place the font file
into.. "get fo/brody3 brody3.sit.hqx" instead WILL work and you transfer
one of the many --oh...-- couple hundred fonts available on line to
your account to unbinhex and unstuff.  Please send me mail if you
have any questions or comments.. I'm eager to help... thanks, all..
M.

Mike @ ccs.itd.umich.edu (temporarily.. until it gets fixed)
forwarded to DAUTER@TERMINATOR.CC.UMICH.EDU
Mike Dautermann - U-M Ann Arbor, Dearborn and the WORLD!!

magid@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Paul Magid) (12/24/90)

In article <1990Dec23.160222.29754@terminator.cc.umich.edu> dauter@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Michael Dautermann) writes:
>In article <1990Dec20.160724.37134@eagle.wesleyan.edu> ggarber@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>>I was wondering if anybody knows of where it would be possible to obtain PD/
>>Shareware fonts for the mac?
>>
>>If so, please let me know.
>>

>horray!  another chance to plug the archive I'm putting together for
>Macintosh programs, files, fonts.. you name it.. we probably got it (and
>a lot of it you won't find anywhere else..)
>
>I've added in about >50< new Type I fonts (the majority being shareware..
>and are fully ATM 1.2 - 2.0 compatable -- which answers KKreuger's
>question up there..) in the last four or five weeks.. so it'd be worth
>your while to check it out, when you have the chance...
>Mike Dautermann - U-M Ann Arbor, Dearborn and the WORLD!!

	Are there any archives like this with fonts for ATM for windows.  Can
I use the mac fonts?  Any help appreciated.

Paul

kkrueger@zeus.unomaha.edu (01/05/91)

In article <1990Dec20.160724.37134@eagle.wesleyan.edu>, ggarber@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:

> I was wondering if anybody knows of where it would be possible to obtain PD/
> Shareware fonts for the mac?

There are a large number of fonts (Type I and III) at um-mts.cc.umich.edu.
This server is not the easiest thing in the world to use, and I have to
learn it anew every time I use it.  There is so much stuff there that it pays
off.  Hack at it a bit, and if you have any problems, leave me mail, and I'll
figure it out again and tell you how to use it.

An easier server to use (but not quite as rewarding) is the one at
sumex-aim.stanford.edu.  Look in info-mac/font.

Kurt Krueger | BITNET:   KKRUEGER@UNOMA1           |        //\
MBA student  | Internet: KKRUEGER@ZEUS.UNOMAHA.EDU |      \X/--\ M I G A
                   Old soldiers never die--young ones do.