[comp.fonts] Mac font for Cherokee alphabet/syllabary need

kanala@sc2a.unige.ch (01/17/91)

In article <1991Jan2.174815.7359@athena.cs.uga.edu>, fore@athena.cs.uga.edu (Howard Fore) writes:
> Does anybody have or know of the existence of a font that contains the
> characters in the Cherokee syllabary?* I would prefer it to be a laser font,
> but I'm not choosy.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Howard,
I tried E-mail, but your host refuses the file, so I am posting it.
Laser Transliterator by Linguist's Software has all the characters needed for
Cherokee and many other languages. It's available from MacConnection and
costs about $100. I have it and am not satisfied: too much different macrons,
tildes, dots, trans-slashes and so, but maybe this is what you want and it
could be suited to your needs. There is an another problem: Helvetica and
Times are encoded with different ASCII mapping, so that it is not possible
to write in one font and to change to the other later (at least, that's what
I got for my money in 1988).
Hope this can be of some utility,
Roman Kanala, CUEPE, Universite de Geneve, Switzerland, kanala@sc2a.unige.ch