[comp.fonts] BGI fonts

c31460@tansei.cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Paul SPEE) (02/06/91)

I found the fonts in the BGI Toolkit to be of disappointing quality.
Does anyone known any other sources of BGI fonts. Is it possible to
convert TeX fonts to BGI fonts?

Is it possible to use user created bitmap fonts with Turbo C? Is it
possible to use other than the system font with the ZINC library?

Thanks in advance, Paul Spee (spee@jrdc.go.jp)

frank@cavebbs.gen.nz (Frank van der Hulst) (02/08/91)

In article <6146@tansei.cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> spee@jrdc.go.jp writes:
>I found the fonts in the BGI Toolkit to be of disappointing quality.
>Does anyone known any other sources of BGI fonts. Is it possible to
>convert TeX fonts to BGI fonts?

Have you come across a package put out by Borland including their font
editor (I can't recall the package name right now). It includes several
fonts, although I couldn't get the editor itself to work (the files created
weren't readable by TC). It also includes information on the font file
layout..

>Is it possible to use user created bitmap fonts with Turbo C? Is it
>possible to use other than the system font with the ZINC library?

I dunno about bit-mappedv:,rDbut you can create your own stroked
fonts.

I've never heard of a ZINC library -- what is it?

--

Take a walk on the wild side, and I don't mean the Milford Track.

lwj@cs.kun.nl (Luc Rooijakkers) (02/08/91)

In <1991Feb08.085340.28651@cavebbs.gen.nz> frank@cavebbs.gen.nz (Frank van der Hulst) writes:

>Have you come across a package put out by Borland including their font
>editor (I can't recall the package name right now). It includes several
>fonts, although I couldn't get the editor itself to work (the files created
>weren't readable by TC). It also includes information on the font file
>layout..

You probably mean the Borland BGI Toolkit, which you can get from
SIMTEL20 (or WUARCHIVE) in MSDOS.BORLAND. It does include a font editor,
but only for displays with programmable character sets (VGA and up).

--
Luc Rooijakkers                                 Internet: lwj@cs.kun.nl
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science     UUCP: uunet!cs.kun.nl!lwj