[comp.fonts] Mac Fingerspelling fornts WAS: Stokoe's American Sign Language Orthography

geller@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Thomas Matthew Geller) (03/04/91)

(I just _had_ to keep this in!)

> hamlin@ral.rpi.edu (Gregory Hamlin) writes:
>
>> Does anyone know of any fonts available which depict the finger
>> spelling alphabet? ...

Yes!  Featured in a blurb in MacUser (June 1988), fingerspelling fonts
are available at no charge from:

Richard L. Smith
4 Nottingham Way North
Clifton Park  NY  12065

Also included on the disk is a BASIC program for signing practice.  (I
haven't tried this, but the fonts themselves are just fine!)

He asks the following -- please
1) Note that these fonts are available for MACINTOSH ONLY
2) Include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope, big enough to contain your
disk
3) Initialize your disk before sending it!
4) Include clear instructions if you have a special request (i.e. 400K
disk, etc.)
5) Package properly ("a few packages were returned from being mangled.")

As I said, I've used them (for fun, mostly), and they're pretty good.
(And free!)

					Tom
					geller@ucunix.san.uc.edu
					t_geller@usite-next.uchicago.edu
T. (Thomas) Geller		Biases:  Bisexual, feminist-supportive,
P.O. Box 20092			open-border, free-information civil
Cincinnati, Ohio  45220		libertarian Esperantist with explosives.
"polyglot" on IRC		You'd _better_ be scared!