[comp.fonts] Looking for fonts for faxing

john@axis-design.fr (John Hughes) (03/19/91)

I am looking for bitmaped fonts in fax aspect ratio and resolution
(208x196dpi and 208x98dpi).  Is it possible to get commercial
scalable->bitmap font programs (bitstream, ATM) to make fonts in these
resolutions?

Also, I have heard that there are versions of the Computer Modern
Metafont fonts that have been modified to make it easier to make
arbitrary point sized fonts.  Is this true, and if so where could I
get them?

John Hughes, john@axis-design.fr.

P.S.
Thanks in advance.

sean@castle.ed.ac.uk (S Matthews) (03/21/91)

john@axis-design.fr (John Hughes) writes:

>Also, I have heard that there are versions of the Computer Modern
>Metafont fonts that have been modified to make it easier to make
>arbitrary point sized fonts.  Is this true, and if so where could I
>get them?

>John Hughes, john@axis-design.fr.

1. Yes it is true.

2. To find it look in the standard TeX3.0 or whatever distribution,
   in tex82/TeXcontrib/sauter.

Which does exactly this, and very well too.

Sean