[comp.fonts] um.cc.umich.edu

steveskr@milton.u.washington.edu (Steve Skrzyniarz) (03/31/91)

Could someone please email me with instructions on getting a directory
on the um.cc.umich.edu server?  I lost my instruction sheet, and
"dir" or "ls" doesn't work.  I know you must "get" a file which contains
the directory info, but I can't remember the filename.

Thanks,

Steve Skrzyniarz  (steveskr@milton.u.washington.edu)

dauter@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Michael Dautermann) (03/31/91)

In article <1991Mar31.100652.11576@milton.u.washington.edu> steveskr@milton.u.washington.edu (Steve Skrzyniarz) writes:

>Could someone please email me with instructions on getting a directory
>on the um.cc.umich.edu server?  I lost my instruction sheet, and
>"dir" or "ls" doesn't work.  I know you must "get" a file which contains
>the directory info, but I can't remember the filename.

Steve.. there's a new EASY way to FTP all the wunnerful fonts from
the U-M.. try ftp'ing to mac.archive.umich.edu (another name that
might work for your domain-name-server, same machine.. different
name.. is FTP.IFS.UMICH.EDU).. cd to /archive/mac/system.extensions/font
and you're at the top of macintosh font heaven... (sorry, I don't have the
numeric address off hand... I posted it a few articles ago...)

you can also get instructions from um.cc.umich.edu by ftp'ing
anonymously and then typing "get do/download2 instructions.text"..
(after typing "cd PC2:" of course..).. "ls"  and "dir" DO work, they
just take an incredibly long amount of time to get down the pipe..

as always.. e-mail me comments.. I'm always eager to help (if I can..)

Mike @ ccs.itd.umich.edu
(  (  ( ( (( in stereo )) ) ) )  )
Mike Dautermann - U-M Ann Arbor, Dearborn and the WORLD!!