[comp.fonts] PD fonts needed

rivero@dev8.mdcbbs.com (04/02/91)

A friend of mine is setting up a community theatre project
(non-profit) with a MAC and laserjet. We need a good source of
Public Domain MAC fonts for the flyers and showbills.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

ksbolduan@amherst.bitnet (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr2.110014.1@dev8.mdcbbs.com>, rivero@dev8.mdcbbs.com writes:
> A friend of mine is setting up a community theatre project
> (non-profit) with a MAC and laserjet. We need a good source of
> Public Domain MAC fonts for the flyers and showbills.

Someone mentioned it in passing, but I'm glad for the opportunity to let others
in on my latest find:

Go to: MAC.ARCHIVE.UMICH.EDU
And look in: archive/mac/system.extensions/font

There you'll find what must be one of the most comprehensive PD font libraries
of both Type 1 and Type 3 fonts for the Mac.

Good stuff!

Kevin Bolduan
KSBOLDUAN@AMHERST