[comp.fonts] pk2snf?

jbd@dasteel.uucp (Jonathan Dasteel) (04/05/91)

Can some one out there in net-land point me to a pk (or gf) to snf
font converter? I've looked (possibly overlooked :-) through all of the
source archives I have access to and didn't see anything.
--
                   -- JBD

Jonathan Dasteel                   Dasteel Software
213-394-1229                       1148 Fourth Street, Suite 100
uunet!dasteel!jbd                  Santa Monica, CA 90403
                                   Typesetting and graphics software

composer@chem.bu.edu (Jeff Kellem) (04/09/91)

In article <JBD.91Apr5151437@dasteel.uucp> jbd@dasteel.uucp
	(Jonathan Dasteel) writes:
 > Can some one out there in net-land point me to a pk (or gf) to snf
 > font converter? I've looked (possibly overlooked :-) through all of the
 > source archives I have access to and didn't see anything.

Look in the SeeTeX distribution (currently at version 2.17.0, I
believe) available via anonymous ftp from foobar.colorado.edu (and
export.lcs.mit.edu).  There's a program included in the SeeTeX
distribution called "mftobdf" which really converts PK, GF, or PXL
format font files into X11's BDF format.  You can then use "bdftosnf",
included with the standard MIT X11R4 distribution, to convert the BDF
file to SNF format.

Enjoy...

			-jeff

Jeff Kellem