[comp.fonts] Adobe-compatible Sun fonts

pburch@shrike.mbir.bcm.tmc.edu (Paula Burch) (04/16/91)

I am running Framemaker on a Sun workstation, and the standard fonts provided
(Times, Bookman, Zapf, Avant Garde, etc.) are no longer enough.

I want more fonts, but I need a source. Adobe doesn't make fonts for the Sun. I need Sun PostScript fonts that are Adobe 100% compatible.

Can anyone point me to a source? (The one source I was able to dig up STILL hasn't sent the info they promised.)

Thank you for your help.

Paula Burch
pburch@bcm.tmc.edu
.

eager@ringworld.Eng.Sun.COM (Michael J. Eager) (04/19/91)

In article <5228@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> pburch@shrike.mbir.bcm.tmc.edu (Paula Burch) writes:

>I am running Framemaker on a Sun workstation, and the standard fonts provided
>(Times, Bookman, Zapf, Avant Garde, etc.) are no longer enough.
>
>I want more fonts, but I need a source. Adobe doesn't make fonts for the Sun. I need Sun PostScript fonts that are Adobe 100% compatible.
>
>Can anyone point me to a source? (The one source I was able to dig up STILL hasn't sent the info they promised.)

There is a Framemaker manual "Adding Postscript Fonts to FrameMaker".
It describes how to add Mac fonts to FM.

-- Mike