[comp.fonts] Font creation/editing on a PC ... possible?

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (04/17/91)

The subject line basically says it all ... I would like to be able to scan (or
use an existing type1 as a basis), modify & generate all the necessary files
for use by ATM on both the PC &/or the Mac.  I suppose I would rather work
under the windows (ATM) environment, but I suppose that is not a requirement.

I have been following this newsgroup for about 2 weeks awaiting a FAQ before
posting, but nothing yet ... I will summarize any mailed responses.  Thanks

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr

eager@ringworld.Eng.Sun.COM (Michael J. Eager) (04/19/91)

In article <3060@travis.csd.harris.com> leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) writes:
>The subject line basically says it all ... I would like to be able to scan (or
>use an existing type1 as a basis), modify & generate all the necessary files
>for use by ATM on both the PC &/or the Mac.  I suppose I would rather work
>under the windows (ATM) environment, but I suppose that is not a requirement.
>
>I have been following this newsgroup for about 2 weeks awaiting a FAQ before
>posting, but nothing yet ... I will summarize any mailed responses.  Thanks

I've ordered a copy of Publishers Type Foundry from Z-Soft which is
supposed to do exactly this.  It ain't cheap.  We'll see how well it
works.

-- Mike Eager