[comp.fonts] ATM, MS Word uncooperative -- Help!

relhager@oregon.uoregon.edu (04/18/91)

All of a sudden my ATM 2.0 and MS Word 4.00B are not cooperating. (ATM and
PageMaker are still friends, however.) I've just cleaned out many "unnecessary"
screen fonts from my suitcases (all but 10- and 12-point sizes); has Word been
using the bitmaps all along, or am I missing something?

Mike Lee, University of Oregon
RELHAGER@oregon.uoregon.edu

marmoset@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dave Walker) (04/21/91)

In article <20777.280c9ce9@oregon.uoregon.edu> relhager@oregon.uoregon.edu writes:
>All of a sudden my ATM 2.0 and MS Word 4.00B are not cooperating. (ATM and
>PageMaker are still friends, however.) I've just cleaned out many "unnecessary"
>screen fonts from my suitcases (all but 10- and 12-point sizes); has Word been
>using the bitmaps all along, or am I missing something?
>
>Mike Lee, University of Oregon
>RELHAGER@oregon.uoregon.edu

Don't know if this is the source of you problem or not, but the latest
Microsoft "stealth upgrade" of Word is 4.00D, so you may want to get
ahold of that.  Other than that, make sure that you don't have bitmaps
of the same font in more than one suitcase.  If the metrics are different,
they'll confuse the heck out of ATM.

| Dave Walker, Detroit Art Services (DAS)                                |
| marmoset@ub.cc.umich.edu                 "I don't read, I just guess"  |
| marmoset@mondo.engin.umich.edu       -Happy Mondays, "Wrote For Luck"  |