[comp.fonts] Adobe Type Manager to NeXT

jjwcmp@isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr21.190925.9916@isc.rit.edu> jjwcmp@isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) writes:

>Adobe's license is for one printer, and an unlimted number of
>workstations using ATM or DPS. Additional printers are licensed as
>follows (prices are for a typical $185 list package):
>
>Printers 2-5: $185 (for all printers)
>Printers 5-10: $185
>and so on...

Well, here I am following up my own message. I must have written it down
wrong, or misunderstood what I was told.

Anyway, I rec'd the info in the mail from Adobe today, and this is their
multiple printer license stucture:

			Retail price per package
Printers	$95		$145	$185	$275	$370
2-5			$95		$145    $185    $275    $370
6-10		$190	$290	$370	$550	$740
11-15		$285	$435	$555	$825	$1110

The Font Folio (various packages grouped on a hard disk) are sold as
follows:

Packages	Retail Price
1-69		$9,600
1-105		$14,200
1-150		$16,900
CD-Rom		$15,900

The Font Folio comes with a 2 printer license, and the same price buys a
3-10 printer license. Additional hard disks are $2,000 each.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Adobe, and probably won't even buy any more
fonts from them (hello Font Company?).

Jeff

--
| RIT VAX/VMS Systems: |     Jeff Wasilko     |     RIT Ultrix Systems:     |
|BITNET: jjwcmp@ritvax +----------------------+ INET:jjwcmp@ultb.isc.rit.edu|