[comp.fonts] Anbody know of a font with the Interstate shield on it?

brooks@disk.uucp (David E. Brooks Jr) (04/26/91)

The subject line pretty much says it all.  I'll be needing to draw up
a few maps in the coming months and don't want to have to re-invent
the wheel.

Basically, availability (and price if it's commercial) are what I
need.

Thanks,
  -- Dave

--
David E. Brooks Jr                     E-Mail:  brooks@disk.UUCP
ManGen Software Incorporated                or  uunet!coplex!disk!brooks

amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr25.215025.11822@disk.uucp> brooks@disk.uucp (David
E. Brooks Jr) writes:

   Basically, availability (and price if it's commercial) are what I
   need.

"Carta" from Adobe is very nice.  All sorts of standard cartographic symbols.
$95.  To order, call 1-800-83-FONTS.
--
Amanda Walker						      amanda@visix.com
Visix Software Inc.					...!uunet!visix!amanda

brooks@disk.uucp (David E. Brooks Jr) (04/27/91)

Earlier, I wrote asking for information about any fonts that had the
US Interstate shield in it, and almost astounding the response was the
Carta font available from Adobe.

However, two persons (prism!gt5495a (REGISTER,ANDREW HENRY) and Erik Olson
<uunet!u.washington.edu!donley>) Suggested that I look on
cica.cica.indiana.edu for an appropriate font.

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly.
  --Dave Brooks

--

mikel@dosbears.UUCP (Mike Lipsie) (04/28/91)

In article <1991Apr26.172912.17416@visix.com> amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) writes:
>In article <1991Apr25.215025.11822@disk.uucp> brooks@disk.uucp (David
>E. Brooks Jr) writes:
>
>   Basically, availability (and price if it's commercial) are what I
>   need.
>
>"Carta" from Adobe is very nice.  All sorts of standard cartographic symbols.
>$95.  To order, call 1-800-83-FONTS.

Carta is also available from cica.  At least we have it (under ATM/Windows)
and we haven't purchased any Adobe fonts (except the standard ATM set.)

--
Mike Lipsie
mikel%dosbears.uucp@ingres.com

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (04/28/91)

In article <1991Apr26.172912.17416@visix.com> amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) writes:
>"Carta" from Adobe is very nice.  All sorts of standard cartographic symbols.
>$95.  To order, call 1-800-83-FONTS.

If you can FTP, then there is a non-commercial font (don't know if it's
shareware or what) on cica.cica.indiana.edu in pub/pc/win3/fonts called
... Carta ... that is (probably) very similar to the ADOBE version

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr