[comp.fonts] Uncial fonts

wdr@wang.com (William Ricker) (04/28/91)

caughey@stout.UVic.CA (Dave  Caughey) writes:
>2)  Does anyone know of a (preferably PD) celtic-style font.  The one I am
>thinking of in particular is 'uncial' (at least that's what it's called in
>letraset catalogues.)

Finally have my new AGFA/CG Type Classification posters up... which
categorize by X-height as well as by classical categories.

Under Decorative/Novelty: Uncial, medium x-height, no weights;
Feinen, large x-height, with light, regular, bold weights and
'in-line' variant.  (Feinen looks more book-of-kels style than
uncial.)

For PD stuff, check the usual archives?

--
/s/ Bill Ricker                wdr@wang.wang.com
"The Freedom of the Press belongs to those who own one."