[net.followup] Expo unpopularity & flashing green

andrews@ubc-cs.UUCP (Jamie Andrews) (08/29/86)

In article <754@mprvaxa.UUCP> acton@mprvaxa.UUCP (Don Acton) writes:
>I think one should be careful to make the distinction between business
>being down and business not being what they had hoped for. With Expo it
>has been the latter....

     Of course, "what they had hoped for" means "enough to offset the
massive deficit from Expo"... so we lose big either way.

>>	[BEGIN ASIDE: a question for BCers or Canadians: what in the
>>world does a flashing green light mean at an intersection???  DNE EDISA]
>>
>Just for confusion I think the meaning depends upon where you live. If I
>am not mistaken in Ontario it means that you have the right of way to make
>a left turn. In BC it means you should proceed with caution through the
>intersection....

     Actually, for even more confusion, I think that in Ontario a
REGULAR flashing green light means "proceed with caution" too, but a
RAPIDLY flashing green means "left turn".  (Presumably for intersections
where the gov't was too cheap to replace the lights by lights with arrow
signals.)

--Jamie.
...!seismo!ubc-vision!ubc-cs!andrews